Monthly Donor Bill of Rights
As a MADD Canada donor, you have the following rights:
- MADD Canada guarantees that a minimum of 97% of your gift will be directed to our programs.
- You will receive your charitable receipt at the end of each calendar year along with our Annual Report.
- You will receive special appeals from us during the year. If you do not wish to receive these appeals, please contact Dawn at 1-800-665-6233 ext 223 and your name will be removed from these appeals.
- You will receive our donor newsletter, MADDMatters, 4 times a year. This newsletter can also be e-mailed which helps us save further costs and makes your donation go even further. You can contact Dawn at 1-800-665-6233 ext 223 anytime to provide us with your e-mail address or to remove your name from this mailing.
- You will be informed of our mission and our purpose.
- You will have access to information about how donations have been spent.
- You will know that we will always strive to keep our fundraising and administrative costs to a minimum.
- You will know that we will use donated funds as intended.
- You will receive an appropriate acknowledgement of your donation including a thank you and a charitable receipt.
- You can be sure that our organization will not exchange or rent your name without first allowing you the opportunity to decline.
- You will be treated with respect and professionalism in all your dealings with our organization.
MADD Canada adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Donor Bill of Rights.
MADD Canada is a member of Imagine Canada as well as adherents to their Ethical Code Program. We are proud to use the Imagine Canada trustmark that demonstrates our organization’s commitment to responsible management and accounting of funds that donors entrust to us.