Monthly Donor Bill of Rights
As a MADD Canada donor, you have the following rights:
- MADD Canada guarantees that a minimum of 97% of your gift will be directed to our programs.
- You will receive your charitable receipt at the end of each calendar year along with our Annual Report.
- You will receive special appeals from us during the year. If you do not wish to receive these appeals, please contact Dawn at 1-800-665-6233 ext 223 and your name will be removed from these appeals.
- You will receive our donor newsletter, MADDMatters, 4 times a year. This newsletter can also be e-mailed which helps us save further costs and makes your donation go even further. You can contact Dawn at 1-800-665-6233 ext 223 anytime to provide us with your e-mail address or to remove your name from this mailing.
- You will be informed of our mission and our purpose.
- You will have access to information about how donations have been spent.
- You will know that we will always strive to keep our fundraising and administrative costs to a minimum.
- You will know that we will use donated funds as intended.
- You will receive an appropriate acknowledgement of your donation including a thank you and a charitable receipt.
- You can be sure that our organization will not exchange or rent your name without first allowing you the opportunity to decline.
- You will be treated with respect and professionalism in all your dealings with our organization.
MADD Canada adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Donor Bill of Rights.