MADD Canada is excited to launch a virtual peer-to-peer Project Red Ribbon campaign (from November 1st, 2020 to January 4th, 2021) that lets Canadians show their support for safe and sober driving, all while honouring victims/survivors of impaired driving.
Be creative, have fun and stay safe! Please be sure to follow the health and safety guidelines of your local public health authority — social distancing, gathering size limits and mask usage – to protect yourself and others against COVID-19.
There are plenty of ways to raise funds in support of Project Red Ribbon:
- payroll deductions or dress down days;
- host a party (Epicure/Pampered Chef/Scentsy/Avon/other);
- organize an ‘a- thon’ (LEGO, reading, crafting, knitting, crocheting, yoga, gaming, scrapbooking);
- create and sell products or crafts (jewelry, Christmas decorations, face coverings/masks);
- outdoor activities (run/jog, climb stairs, ski, snowmobile, ice fish, skate, play outdoor hockey)
- and so much more!
If you’re a business (or ask a business to partner with you), consider donating a % or $ from a product or service, organize a prompted donation campaign, a paper-icon campaign or a round-up your purchase campaign.
Participate, donate, sponsor and challenge today!
Step 1: Select your activity(ies). Set a fundraising and timeframe goal.
Step 2: Register as an individual and/or team on Gigit / click the Fundraise button to get started.
Step 3: Encourage family, friends, classmates, co-workers and your employer(s) to support you and MADD Canada by collecting pledges by sharing your fundraising page.
Step 4: Get out there and Tie It! Wear It! Show It! Share It! Live it! Don’t forget to post some photos to social media, tagging MADD Canada and using the hashtag: #ProjectRedRibbon and wear red whenever possible!
Step 5: Challenge:
- Yourself to collect $125 in pledges for MADD Canada;
- Your family, friends, classmates, co-workers to get involved in the campaign and to collect pledges for MADD Canada;
- Your employer to match the pledges you collect;
- A local sponsor to get involved in the campaign;
- Your workplace, school, team, and/or club to get involved in the campaign.
If you’re not able to fundraise on behalf of MADD Canada right now, please consider making a donation or pledging a team and/or individual by clicking the Donate button.
Impaired driving continues to be a very serious problem in Canada, killing hundreds of people and injuring thousands each year. When you support Project Red Ribbon, you’re helping raise awareness and funds to prevent these tragedies and to support victims and survivors.
Your efforts support our awareness, education and public policy work to stop impaired driving, and our victim services programs in support of those individuals and families who have been so devastated by the terrible and preventable crime.
Thank-you. Your support is appreciated!