MADD Canada’s School Assembly Programs bring high-energy drug and alcohol impaired driving awareness and risk reduction messaging to the world of education.
Youth and school programming have been a key component of MADD Canada’s youth services, education and awareness initiatives since 1994. The programs are designed to communicate directly with young people on their level and in their language and encourage them to take a closer look at their values and perceptions.
In the Blink of an Eye is the story of best friends forever Gabby and Sarah. On Sarah’s birthday the girls open a time capsule they buried several years ago, laughing at the mementos that, even back then, pledged a forever friendship. After Sarah’s parents go out they are joined by Sarah’s boyfriend, Dylan, and his buddy Asif. Party-loving Sarah drinks and smokes pot with Dylan and Asif, while athletic Gabby declines. The friends are having a great time before heading off to a party and Asif and Gabby start to really hit it off. Dylan is so anxious to get to the party that he decides not to wait for a cab but to drive. After all, it’s not that far. The friends strongly object. They’re not stupid enough to get into the car with a drunk and drug-fueled driver! Asif decides he’ll walk Gabby home while Sarah, very upset, calls 911 to report Dylan driving impaired. So Gabby, Asif and Sarah all do the right thing even if Dylan doesn’t. Yet in a tragic twist of fate, a forever friendship ends abruptly and many lives are ruined … in the blink of an eye.
- Educators’ Guide – Grade 7 – 8
- Educators’ Guide – Grade 9 – 12
- To download a copy of the promotional poster for In the Blink of an Eye, please click here
For more information about cost, availability or to book a presentation please call MADD Canada at: 1-800-665-6233/Toronto area: 905-829-8805 (please see below for the representative for your Region):
- Western Canada (BC, AB & SK) – Laura Laidman, ext. 233 or email email@example.com
- Eastern Ontario – Laura Laidman, ext. 233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Ontario, Quebec & Manitoba – Annie LeBel ext. 234, or email email@example.com
- Atlantic provinces – Gisèle Franck, ext 244, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central/East Ontario – Charlene Goodwin, ext. 232 or email email@example.com
Need more information? Try the FAQ. If your school would like to make a donation to MADD Canada to help support programs such as the School Assembly Program, Victim Services, and Public Awareness Campaigns, please click here. Thank you for your support, together we will empower Canadians and save lives!
Fort MacLeod Agencies (1989) Ltd.
Government of Yukon
The MacMurray Foundation
The Tamarack Charitable Foundation Inc.