MADD Canada’s School Assembly Programs bring high-energy drug and alcohol impaired driving awareness and risk reduction messaging to the world of education.
Youth and school programming have been a key component of MADD Canada’s youth services, education and awareness initiatives since 1994. The programs are designed to communicate directly with young people on their level and in their language and encourage them to take a closer look at their values and perceptions.
The 2019-2020 School Assembly Program, Over the Edge, is the story of Sam, a 17-year old girl who reunites with her two best friends – Kat and Adam – after moving back home to live with her Dad for a year. Kat decides to have a party at her house to celebrate Sam’s homecoming. Sam borrows her Dad’s car to drive herself to the party. The night does not go as planned but the right precautions are taken for Sam and Adam to get home safe. Unfortunately, the next morning, these four friends discover that a few bad decisions can take you Over the Edge.
- Educators’ Guide – Grade 7 – 8
- Educators’ Guide – Grade 9 – 12
- To download a copy of the promotional poster for Over The Edge, please click here
For more information about cost, availability or to book a presentation please call MADD Canada at: 1-800-665-6233/Toronto area: 905-829-8805 (please see below for the representative for your Region):
- Eastern, South and Central Ontario – Charlene Goodwin, ext. 232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Canada (BC,AB,SK), Northern Ontario, Quebec & Manitoba – Annie LeBel ext. 234, or email email@example.com
- Atlantic provinces – Gisèle Franck, ext 244, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Hull (maternity leave)
Need more information? Try the FAQ. If your school would like to make a donation to MADD Canada to help support programs such as the School Assembly Program, Victim Services, and Public Awareness Campaigns, please click here. Thank you for your support, together we will empower Canadians and save lives!
Alberta Community Initiatives Program
Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation
Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
Fine Lines Sign Co.
First West Foundation
Fort MacLeod Agencies (1989) Ltd.
International Grenfell Association
Pembina Pipeline Corporation
Saint Johns School of Alberta Legacy Foundation
SaskTel and SaskTel Tel Care